[vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]Home Ownership Alternatives (HOA) is seeking motivated volunteer board members to oversee the activities of our organization. There are five positions coming open for election at our AGM in June with each Director nominated for a three year term.
Home Ownership Alternatives Non-Profit Corporation (“HOA”) is a non-profit financial corporation dedicated to making home ownership possible for low and moderate income families. HOA supported developments are built according to local needs and requirements. All have been designed to reduce ownership costs to make them affordable while the quality, scale and sustainability support the long term success of the buildings as part of their local community.
The HOA Board is comprised of 15 Directors who are accountable for effective governance of the HOA’s operations, and for fulfilling its legal role and responsibilities under its Bylaws and applicable legislation and regulations.
Required Competencies and Experience
We welcome qualified candidates who have the financial, governance and risk expertise appropriate for the prudent oversight of our organization and to ensure the current and strategic needs of the organization are met.
We are currently looking to welcome individuals who have the following professional expertise:
- Human Resources
- Risk Management
- Real Estate Sales Agent/Broker, Mortgage Broker
- Construction or Affordable Housing Development
In addition to having the appropriate skills, expertise and competencies, the ideal candidates will:
- have high ethical standards
- have the ability to perform in a collaborative environment
- be able to voice individual opinions and logical reasoning to support well-informed board decision making
- previous experience on Non-Profit Boards or committees is an asset.
- Directors are elected for a 3 year term
- Attend bi-monthly Board meetings (September – June)
- Contribute as a member on a Board Sub-Committee
- Attend HOA AGM
The deadline for receipt of submissions is April 30, 2018 with elections taking place at the AGM to be held in Toronto on June 20, 2018 .
For more information please fill out the contact form below.